Voting is your blood-bought right and privilege! We can’t tell you who to vote for, but we can say as a Church that you need to vote! This page is designed to give you the information necessary for you to KNOW when to vote. Be sure to write down all these dates for your records!!
If you are not aware, Early Voting takes place from Monday, October 12th through Friday, October 30th, and “Election Day” is Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020. This is for the General Election, which means this is a “major” election year, which occurs every 4 years. However, there are other important voting dates that you need to be made aware of, which is below. To find out more information about the Congressional Districts, along with a map that shows what Congressional District you are in (quite important!!), please visit the Members of the United States Congress website, which you can click here to see.
Lastly, be sure to get to know all the leaders in your respective area, whether locally, regionally or nationally. Believe it or not, all of these people are RESPONSIBLE, or charged with answering to you through their actions while they are in power, so be sure to write down their names and their elected positions so you will know and be kept abreast of what is going on in your community.
Please keep in mind the following dates for your records (according to our Georgia Secretary of State’s website):
- Early Voting: November General Election and Special Election: Monday October 12th – Friday, October 30th
- General Election and Special Election: Tuesday, November 3rd (Voting Registration Deadline: Monday, October 5th; already passed)
- General Election and Special Election Runoffs for Local and State Offices: Tuesday, December 1st (Voting Registration Deadline: Monday, October 5th; already passed)
- Early Voting Begins: General Election Runoff for Federal Offices: Wednesday, November 18th
- General Election Runoff for Federal Offices: Tuesday, January 5th, 2021 (Voting Registration Deadline: Monday, December 7th)
You also can see other key dates of interest regarding the entire voting process for 2020 by downloading this PDF document here, which is also on the Georgia Secretary of State website.
To view and download a Sample Ballot, you can click here.
To register to vote, check your voting status, as well as accessing directions to your local polling places for Early Voting, visit the following page:
After you have input your first initial, last name, the county you are in, and your date of birth, it will display your voter status automatically for you. It also will give you valuable information about the District data regarding who your Georgia legislators are in both the House and Senate, Judiciary, Commission, Schools, and much more….
Enjoy your day!! Absorb all this information, and write it down so you will know when to vote. We hope that this valuable info will be of help to you. Now is the time to GO VOTE!!!